A little about me!
Hello… My name is Lori Mann and I am the new school counselor at Liza Jackson Preparatory School. I was born and raised in Florida. In 1992, I enlisted in the Air Force and became a Security Forces member and K-9 handler. After completing my bachelor’s degree I was commissioned as an officer in the Air Force and worked in Munitions and Aircraft Maintenance. I retired as a Lieutenant Colonel in Jan 2020. I moved back to Florida and began a second career as a School Counselor. I decided to become a counselor because I wanted to give back to our wonderful community and have a positive influence on the lives of children. Niceville, Florida is now where I call home. I enjoy being part of a great community, great school and absolutely love my job at Liza Jackson.
I received my Bachelor of Science degree in Social Psychology from Park University in Parksville, Missouri in 2002.
In 2005, I graduated from Troy State in Troy, Alabama with a Master of Science degree in Counseling and Psychology.
What a counselor does
- Meet w/ students to do brief, solution-focused counseling
- Teach classroom lessons based on students social and emotional needs during the school year
- Help students manage emotions and apply interpersonal skills
- Advocate for students at individual educational plan meetings & other student-focused meetings
- Facilitate “small groups” to work with students about concerns or peer group challenges
- Foster student success in school through increased attendance, feelings of acceptance, decreased discipline referrals, increased engagement and academic enhancement
Contact Ms. Mann: firstname.lastname@example.org